- This event has passed.
Spring Sprint Triathlon & Duathlon
May 6, 2018 - May 7, 2018
Spring Sprint TriathlonWebsite
The Spring Sprint Triathlon, Duathlon & Aquabike is the second multi sport sprint event of the season in San Diego. With a calm bay swim, a flat bike ride and run course, the Spring Sprint is the perfect race to kick off your season. Whether you are an experienced triathlete or duathlete preparing for the season, or a first timer looking for a fun race in which to participate, the Spring Sprint Triathlon, Duathlon & Aquabike on Mission Bay is for you!
• The swim is in a protected cove with calm waters at South Shores Park.
• Triathletes start and finish at the boat launch ramp completing a 14 mile rectangular course.
• Water temperature is approx. 60-65 degrees, wetsuits are recommended.
• The start is in the water about 50 in front of the boat ramp-the swim is rectangular.
• Swimmers will keep the buoys on their left shoulder, except when finishing the swim into the boat ramp.
• Athletes will then bike from South Shores Park to Fiesta Island and complete two large loops around the island and then return to the transition area.
• The final (2 loop) 3 mile run will be on walkways and on an offroad dirt trail.
• The run portion of the race is 2 loops.
• Please make sure to complete both loops of the run course to prevent disqualification.
• Course Map
South Shores Park / Boat launch ramp is located just east of Sea World in San Diego. There is ample free on-site parking for the competitors, only yards away from the transition area. Additional parking is across Sea World Drive along the flood control channel.
From Interstate 5: Exit Sea World Drive and head west on Sea World Drive. Go approximately 34 mile to South Shores Park Road and turn right. Follow the road into the park.
From Interstate 8: Exit interstate I-5 north to Sea World Drive and head west on Sea World Drive. Go approximately 34 mile to South Shores Park Road and turn right. Follow road into park.
Map & Directions to swim start – google
2018 race registration is open. Registration Information.