- This event has passed.
HITS Triathlon – Ocala, FL
March 30, 2019 - March 31, 2019
HITS Triathlon – Ocala, FLWebsite: http://www.hitstriathlonseries.com/
Named as an Editor’s Pick for one of the Best United States’ Triathlons by Triathlete Magazine, HITS Ocala is one of the most popular HITS Triathlon Series races. The famed Carney Island Park will be home to this third stop on the HITS Triathlon Series circuit. The course is a convenient loop lay-out, where family and athletes can be engaged with each other throughout the entire day; both the bike and run come back through the park for high-fives and general spectator frenzy. Plus, the short drive from Walt Disney World and plenty of affordable lodging and dining options make this a destination for the entire family.
• Swim / Bike / Run
Course Map• Triathlon Course Maps
Carney Island Park:
• 13275 SE 115th Ave
• Ocklawaha, FL
• Map & Directions
Friday, March 30, 2018 – Race Site at Carney Island Recreation and Conservation Area
• 2 – 6 pm: Packet and Timing Chip Pick-Up for all distances*
• 2 – 6 pm: HITS Fitness Expo
• 3 – 4 pm: Athlete Meeting for all athletes
• 4 – 5 pm: Bike Drop-Off for all athletes
*It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that Half and Full athletes pick up their packets on Friday
Saturday, March 31, 2018 – Race Site at Carney Island Recreation and Conservation Area
• 5 – 7:30 am: Additional Packet and Timing Chip Pick-Up for all athletes
• 5 – 6:30 am: Bike and Gear Drop-Off for Half and Full distance athletes
• 5 – 7 am: Bike and Gear Drop-Off for Sprint distance athletes
• 5 – 7:45 am: Bike and Gear Drop-Off for Olympic distance athletes
• 6 am – 8 pm: HITS Fitness Expo
• 6:40 am: Transition area closed to Half and Full distance athletes
• 7 am: Half and Full races start
• 7:20 am: Transition area closed to Sprint athletes
• 7:40 am: Sprint distance starts
• 8 am: Transition area closed to Olympic athletes
• 8:20 am: Olympic distance starts
• 10 am: Sprint Awards Ceremony**
• 10:00 – 11 am: Packet and Timing Chip Pick-Up for Open athletes
• 11 am – 12 pm: Bike and Gear Drop-Off for Open athletes
• 12 pm: Olympic Awards Ceremony**
• 12:15 pm: MANDATORY Athlete Meeting for Open distance athletes
• 12:30 pm: Open race starts
• 1:30 pm: Open Awards Ceremony*
• 2 pm: Half Awards Ceremony**
• 12 am: Transition area closed and clear of all bikes
*It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that all athletes pick up their packets on Friday.
**PLEASE NOTE: Athletes MUST be present at their Awards Ceremony to receive an award. Unclaimed awards may be shipped if request is made within two weeks after the event. Athlete is responsible for a $10 shipping and handling fee.
Important Addresses• Race Site – Carney Island Recreation and Conservation Area
14215 Southeast 115th Avenue
Ocklawaha, Florida 32179
• Official Bike Shop – Santos Trailhead Bike Shop
8924 S. Hwy 441
Ocala, Florida 34480
Questions? Call 845.247.7275.
2018 race registration is open.