- This event has passed.
Egg Hunt Triathlon
March 31 - April 1
Egg Hunt Triathlon and Duathlon:Website: http://www.multirace.com/events/114
MultiRace is proud to present the 9th Annual Egg Hunt sprint triathlon & duathlon at C.B. Smith Park. This is a perfect course for a newcomer to triathlon. C.B. Smith Park provides our athletes with a calm lake swim, safe bike course, void of cars and traffic lanes and a 2-loop run course through the park.
The sprint triathlon is a .25 mile or ¼ mile swim, an 11-mile bike ride and a 3-mile run. The duathlon is a 1.5-mile run, an 11-mile bike and a 1.5-mile run.
Athletes can expect mild temperatures and PR times at this racer-friendly, USAT-sanctioned course. Finishers will receive a unique medal to recognize their accomplishments.
The Egg Hunt duathlon & sprint triathlon is a family affair at C.B. Smith Park. Spectators can take part in a multitude of activities during and after the race, including our Easter egg hunt for children. C.B. Smith park, a 299-acre site is host to many activities. As athletes ride through the park, they will see Paradise Cove Water Park, All Golf facility, a tennis complex & picnic shelters, making this race not just a morning event, but an all-day affair.
• This triathlon features a 1/4 mile swim, followed by a 11 mile bike with no road crossings and an entire lane closed to traffic, then finishes with a 3.1 mile closed course run inside beautiful CB Smith Park.
• The swim is a 1/4 mile swim in CB Smiths lake. It is a great race for first timers as the water is flat with no current or waves, so it makes for an easy swim.
• The bike course starts by exiting CB Smith Park and going south on Flamingo. Riders will turn right and head west on Pines to the first right turn and continue staying on the right as they circle around the outside of the park. We turn right at all intersections and all roads have 2 or more lanes, so the course is extremely safe even though it goes outside of the park. After circling the outside of the park in a clockwise fashion, riders will circle the inside of the park in a counter-clockwise fashion around the outer lane of the street inside the park. The bike course is 5.5 miles and we will do 2 laps consisting of an outside loop, then an inside loop, then an outside loop, then another inside loop.
• The run course goes along the path surrounding the lake in a clockwise fashion. Triathletes will complete 2 laps here as well to make 3.1 miles. The duathlon will start with 1 run lap and finish with 1 run lap.
CB Smith Park, 900 N. Flamingo Road, Pembroke Pines, 33028
• Take I-75 to the Pines Boulevard exit.
• Go east 2 stoplights to Flamingo.
• Turn left on Flamingo.
• The entrance to CB Smith Park will be on your left.