With last season’s Zone 3 Vanquish Women’s Triathlon Wetsuit is winning the prestigious BEST ON TEST award with a 92% rating from 220 Triathlon, we knew it was going to be hard to make a wetsuit for women any better. However…thanks to some cutting edge design and innovative thinking, we are very pleased to say that we feel the new Vanquish has no doubt become the leanest, meanest and fastest wetsuit ever made.
We are pleased to announce that since writing this product description the largest triathlon magazine in the USA, TriathleteTM, has reviewed the new version of the Vanquish and has classified it with the BEST IN CLASS award for 2016 which is a groundbreaking achievement and shows the quality of this product.
The response from the top coaches who have tested the wetsuit has been overwhelming with many of them agreeing that the Vanquish takes performance and comfort to new levels and is incredibly fast.
Over the last six years the Vanquish has made a name for itself with its extreme flexibility, maximum buoyancy and overall comfort. It’s become not only the choice of the elite athletes but also some of the most experienced, regardless of swim ability. Ironman distance athletes love the suit for its high levels of comfort and flexibility around the shoulders and Sprint/Olympic distance athletes for its speed and mega-buoyancy.
So much thought, design and testing has gone into this product that Zone3 feels that they had to tell you about every detail so it will be easier to feel the benefits when you start swimming with it. However, Zone3 does understand that this is a lot of information to read so you can always watch our e-commerce video for a quick summary.
Design points and Materials:
The suit is designed to make sure the shoulder, arms, upper back and lats are as flexible as possible and then this is combined with some of the world’s most buoyant materials around the quads, hips and glutes. This is how it’s been achieved:
- Our highly praised ultra thin one-piece shoulder panel has now been extended from the middle of the chest to the center of the back. You can see a flat-plan drawing of this panel to show you how much unrestricted flexibility the suit offers around the arms and shoulders. The extension of this area combined with the lack of seams make the Zone3 wetsuits extremely comfortable, allows for improved chest expansion and enables a higher elbow position in the water. As soon as you put this suit on you can feel the difference. The focus on ensuring maximum flexibility means you can increase your distance per stroke, conserve energy and minimize the risk of shoulder injuries. This panel is only 1.5mm thick and made with Yamamoto’s premium #40 SCS which is one of the lightest and highest stretch materials available. Ref# 1.
- We have extended the area of this same high stretch fabric across the shoulder blades and from under the forearm down to the hip. This is the 2mm #39 Gunmetal SCS used under the arms you can see in our product photos. This material is very soft and is also highly flexible but at the same times helps to maintain the structure of the suit over an extended period of time. The panel design really helps to maximise the propulsion you can achieve with each stroke and ensures a fluid roll with each arm pull.
- New chest panel design continues the focused hip and core buoyancy up through the torso to the center of the chest with 5mm Yamamoto Aerodome. This acts like a roll-bar to help promote the essential torso rotation between each stroke, aids in course sighting during the swim navigation and keeps up core body warmth.
- The hip and core areas are made up from a combination of three different materials, each with a thickness of 5mm which is the maximum allowed under ITU rules. These panels are:
- NBR construction side panels designed to work in unison with the front leg panels. NBR is a super buoyant material which is commonly used in life jackets. This material is sandwiched between two layers of neoprene to ensure maximum lift in the water.
- Aerodome materials used on the front legs from the hips to the knees to help support the core leg muscles. This material is designed with air bubbles built between the fabric layers producing up to 30% more buoyancy than conventional neoprene.
- 39 cell SCS neoprene used on the glutes, again with a 5mm thickness.
The Vanquish is something we are very, very excited about. We put everything we know and love into the design and have leveraged physics to make it the fastest wetsuit possible. It makes use of some of the world’s highest performance materials and combines these with a thoroughly researched panel design to ensure maximum flexibility and balanced buoyancy.
If you have the opportunity to try this suit then we hope you like it as much as we do and hope that it can help you reach your goal, whether that be getting ahead of the competition or simply enjoying your swimming more than ever.
When choosing your size, please be sure to focus on your weight rather than height. Your weight MUST be between the high and low end on the sizing chart. If your weight is 4 lb. from the high side of the sizing chart you should go up to the next size. Your height isn’t as important because the length of the suit can be an inch or two longer or shorter but the suit has to be able to accommodate the mass of your body, so please focus on your weight.
For sizing questions please call us at 1-877-784-7808 for free friendly help!
|ZONE3 WOMEN’S SIZING CHART|
|SIZE||X SMALL||SMALL||SMALL MEDIUM||TALL SMALL||MEDIUM||LARGE||X LARGER|
|CHEST (in)||31 – 33||33 – 35||36 – 38||33 – 36||35 – 37||37 – 39||39 – 42|
|HEIGHT (ft/in)||4’10” – 5’4″||5’3″ – 5’6″||5’2″ – 5’6″||5’7″ – 6’0″||5’5″ – 5’10”||5’6″ – 6’0″||5’6″ – 6′ 6″|
|WEIGHT (Ibs)||101 – 117||119 – 134||132 – 154||119 – 141||132 – 147||150 – 172||161 – 183|
|CHEST (cm)||79 – 84||84 – 89||91 – 97||84 – 91||89 – 94||94 – 99||99 – 107|
|HEIGHT (cm)||147 – 163||160 – 168||157 – 168||170 – 183||165 – 178||168 – 183||168 – 198|
|WEIGHT (kg)||46 – 53||54 – 61||60 – 70||54 – 64||60 – 67||68 – 78||73 – 83|