- Science Supported
- Evidence Backed
- Clinically studied and evaluated by Ironman Triathletes with positive results
The following study indicates Mg increases muscle Glucose uptake and decreases lactate build up.
To extrapolate on the relationship between glucose and magnesium please review the following:
- Magnesium is necessary to make and secrete insulin.
- Magnesium facilitates carbohydrate metabolism;
- Magnesium allows insulin to transfer glucose into cells. Otherwise, glucose and insulin build up in the blood causing various types of tissue damage.
- Tyrosine kinase, an enzyme that allows glucose entry into the cell (along with insulin) is magnesium-dependent.
- Seven of the ten enzymes needed to metabolize glucose in the process called glycolysis are also magnesium-dependent.
HydraMag® is a strategic solution for increasing your magnesium intracellular levels.